This fruit salad has most of the fruits that are in season right now — raspberries, blackberries, nectarines, red grapes, green grapes and blueberries (I had strawberries but got carried away and forgot to add them).
The secret ingredients are basil infused simple syrup and mint!
Basil Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar ( I use organic cane sugar)
- 5 chopped basil leaves depending on the size
You will probably have simple syrup left over -- save your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator (this will depend on how big your fruit bowl is or how sweet you want your fruit).
- In season fruit (No bananas — they are too mushy and will brown)
- Mint leaves
- Simple syrup recipe --> Here
- Wash, chop and de-stem your fruit. Place fruit in a bowl. Tip: (to keep fruit from molding, wash your fruit right before you’re ready to eat). Chop your mint and add it to the fruit mixture and toss. When your simple syrup is cooled, lightly drizzle a little simple syrup over the fruit. Drizzle immediately before serving (this will prevent your fruit from getting mushy). Garnish with mint leaves.