Simple syrup couldn’t have a better name for its self. It’s so simple its ridiculous. Trust me, you won’t mess this one up.
Simple Syrups are amazing and can be infused with almost any and everything. Mint, lavender, ginger, rosemary...you get the point. It’s an easy way to flavor cocktails, teas, coffee, and fruit salads. Just steep your herb for a few minutes and strain it out when you have reached your desired flavor.
Simple Syrup Recipe:
(Can be multiplied depending on what you plan to make)
1 Cup water
3/4 - 1 cup granulated sugar
*Optional: Mint, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon Peel, Cinnamon Stick, Vanilla Beans ... experiment around and see what you can come up with.
- In a saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil (the amount of sugar depends on you)
- Boil for a few minutes or until sugar has dissolved (if you aren’t adding flavors…you are done)
- Add your optional flavorings and turn heat to low
- Steep for 20 - 30 minutes
- Strain your syrup into an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator
TIP: For a stronger flavor, chop your herbs before steeping.
Your syrups should last you a few weeks.