I'm a big fan of snow cones, slushies, hawaiian ice and pretty much anything frozen and fruity. Los Angeles doesn't really have the corner snow cone stands like in the South so the closest thing to getting that is to make it myself. These can be made with pretty much any ripened juicy fruit. Materials & Ingredients:
- Pie Dish or Pan (Metal or Glass)
- Juice of 4 ripened Pears (I used this juicer)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Mint Simple Syrup (you can use this recipe)
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Juice the pears and lemon.
- Strain your juice a few times to create a smooth texture.
- Add a small amount of simple syrup (to your liking) and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and place in the freezer.
- Every 20 minutes run your fork through the mixture to break up the ice and fluff. Doing this will create individual ice crystals.
- When the mixture is fluffy and frozen its ready to eat.
- Optional - Sprinkle cinnamon on top and garnish.